Call for Art – Themed Exhibit
GALA Galleries At LynnArts | 25 Exchange St, Lynn, MA 01901
Theme: We want to see our changing planet through the eyes of artists in our new Environmental Awakening Art Exhibit at GALA. Are you creating art that minimizes its impact on the environment or educates the viewer about environmental issues? Does your work help reduce our ecological footprint by incorporating recycled, reused or repurposed material? Show us your personal vision of our changing world! As humans, we are part of the ecosystem. Through your art, share your thoughts showing nature and humans at their best or worst. We are making increasing demands upon this planet we call our home. With this exhibit, we want to address the urgent need to live sustainably within Earth’s resources. We hope this exhibition will empower visitors to develop their own solutions and become themselves advocates for sustainability.
Media: Any media may be submitted – photographs, painting, drawing, sculpture, collage, electronic (with appropriate technology provided by you for display), etc.
– Work should have been completed in the last 2 years.
– Up to 3 pieces of art may be submitted. All works will be considered by the curating committee.
– Size limitations: 4’x4’ and up to 50 lbs.
– Artwork must be ready to be installed. Hanging artwork should be framed or sides appropriately finished. Hanging method is gallery style with wire – no saw teeth. There are a limited number of pedestals available so if you will require one, please discuss your needs at drop off.
– Form with Artist Information must be attached to the back of each artwork.
– The first two pieces that you submit should be $300 or under and the 3rd piece may be any price. Please note that artwork must be for sale. We will not accept artwork with the label of NFS (Not For Sale) for this show.
– Artist’s statement* and images of your submitted works should be emailed to email@example.com. Statements will be included in our artists’ statement / bio binder. Images will be used for social media marketing with artist credit always included.
– Exhibit fee of $25.00 (nonmember) / $10.00 (member) to be paid by cash, check, money order, or card. Make check or money order payable to GALA. Please note this is for up to 3 pieces.
– An online submission form for each piece must be submitted https://www.galleriesatlynnarts.org/submission
– Drop off your work in person on one of the following dates (or make an appointment) to have it juried:
• Wednesday, March 23rd, 2022 3:00pm – 6:00pm
• Thursday, March 24th, 2020 2:00pm – 5:00pm
• Friday, March 25th, 10:00am – 1:00pm
• Saturday, March 26th, 12:00am – 4:30pm
– Artists whose work is not accepted will be contacted on Wednesday, May 11th , and the work will need to be picked up by Friday, May13th
– Opening Reception: Friday, April 1st 5:30pm – 7:30pm
– Exhibit ends: Thursday, May 12th
– Pick-up: Saturday, May 14th. Unsold work to be picked up between 11:00am-5:00pm, or by appointment.
The Galleries At LynnArts will promote the exhibition through its website, mailing lists, traditional media and social media regularly throughout the duration of the exhibit.
Sales: GALA staff will oversee the sale of art. GALA receives 30% commission on sold items. GALA members pay a discounted commission of 25% on sales. All artwork must remain at GALA until the exhibit ends. Payment to artists will be made within 45 business days of the end of the exhibit.
* Artist Statement Information can be found here: https://www.galleriesatlynnarts.org/…/How-to-Write-an…
in our RESOURCES menu
Contact: Annette Sykes – Gallery Director, GALA President, 617-909-9211, firstname.lastname@example.org