Artists and creative workers need to connect to thrive.
Through 2022 ECCF will invest $200,000 to engage hundreds of people across the sector, building a stronger and more resilient regional network.
Our goals for creative county connections and convenings
- Create stronger connections across sectors to enable arts and creativity to thrive.
- Inspire co-funders to invest in long-term projects that address critical challenges.
- Pilot and scale innovative systems solutions to support a healthy creative sector.
- Monthly Creative County Meet Ups, virtual opportunities for creatives to connect around timely topics. Sign up.
- The 2022 Arts & Culture Summit providing education, inspiration, and networking opportunities. Sept. 30th
- Creative sector Think Labs, bringing people together to incubate ideas in emerging areas affecting the creative sector. Dates TBD.
When all parts of the creative system come together, it is possible to identify root causes of challenges and find innovative solutions. Together we can address issues like barriers to funding, creative workforce support, affordable artist space and professional leadership development.
Join ECCF and our creative partners as we celebrate 5 years of the Creative County Initiative and plan for its sustainable future. CCI is strengthening Essex County’s creative community by providing resources for artists, nonprofits, funders, and business and municipal leaders to work together. More than $2m over this multi-year period has built a stronger, more connected ecosystem for our region’s artists and creative entrepreneurs while contributing to the health and vibrancy of our 34 cities and towns.
Arts & Culture Summit
ECCF’s biennial Arts & Culture Summit connects, inspires and educates hundreds of attendees from arts, business, social services, and government, often creating new partnerships to strengthen the arts ecosystem. Learn more.
The 2022 Arts & Culture date is Sept. 30, 2022. Sign up for Creative County news from ECCF and be the first to know when registration is open.
“The work of ECCF’s Creative County Initiative to illuminate the Ayer Mill Clock Tower, provide funding for the Lawrence Public Library mural project, and support Iluminaçion Lawrence overall is a powerful catalyst to celebrate the city’s spirit of resilience and incredible sense of community.”
- MAYOR DAN RIVERA, CITY OF LAWRENCE, on the power of cross-sector collaboration and effective teamwork